Super Easy and Delicious addition to any Chili Dinner: Jalapeno Cheddar Cornbread Muffins
1 cups all purpose flour
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup yellow corn meal
1 TB baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/4 cups milk
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1/3 cup vegetable oil
3 TB butter
2 Large Jalapenos, diced
1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
1 cup frozen corn, thawed (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350deg F. Grease or paper line 18-20 regular size muffin cups
2. Place butter and jalapenos in small pan and heat on stove (medium heat) until butter is melted. Simmer for a couple minutes to allow flavors of jalapenos to release into butter, stir occassionally- set aside.
3. Combine Flour, sugar, corn meal, baking powder, and salt in medium bowl, stir in cheddar cheese. Combine milk, eggs, vegetable oil, and butter in small bowl; mix well.
4. Add liquid ingredients to flour mixture, add in corn; stir just until combined (do not over mix!!!)
5. Pour batter into prepared muffin cups, each should be about 2/3 full.
6. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
7. Cool in pans on wire rack for 5 minutes, take them out of pan and serve warm.